There was a man made of food...made of food? Made of food! There was a man made of food and his name was flip flap Jack! (this is moms)

And he danced upon the table...The table...the table, he danced upon the table and his name is flip flap Jack! There is a whole cute dang song that goes with Jack, he has been a guest in our home for about four years.....(Maddy's)

We met him when Brenna was in preschool with Mrs. Beckie....He visits about twice a year, always on the first day of school and usually once for missionary dinner, they think we are quite weird when we all burst out in song about out our buddy flip flap jack.(Jake's)

He has been a fun tradition that mostly leads to uncontrollable giggling(dads)

Jack loves to help the kids get ready for the new school year, we all look forward to seeing him, he is the talk of the summer. Today Maddy let him in early although he didn't stay long.(Brenna's)

We were in quite a rush to get out the door for the double school run. It was rumor that he Jack couldn't make it and had to send "Jane" his sister.(Audrey's)

As a child one of my best memories of my mom was the first day of school, it was always an exciting time...I vividly remember her walking me to kindergarten...she worked at the school as a cafeteria lady. I want my kids to have the memories of us always being around for them even for the simple things.

Mike and I have made a silly tradition of video taping the kids on their first day of school. We get lots of "psycho parent" looks its pretty funny...we laugh a lot and the teachers think "poor kids" We tell the kids, at least you know we were there for you! ha ha

Every year the kids get their pictures taken outside to show changes from one year to the next. Its crazy how fast they change.

This is Jake's signature look "the Part" He loves this look and works very hard each morning at perfecting it.

Up to this point they have enjoyed it. Maybe this is the last year, but my six grade cutie, asked us to walk her to her class. On the way to her class she slipped her hand in mine and held it until it was time to go. On of those moments I know will soon end so I enjoyed the moment.

I couldn't resist this moment of tormenting Jake, they have learned by now! the more they grin and bear it the faster we turn it off. Jake actually was happy to have this day on tape...The girls... well that's another story, and we promised Maddy that fifth grade was where we (ok Maybe she) drew the line. So here we come middle school...bye bye...Cammy!
3 comments:
Holy cow, school already! I love their first day pictures. They look soo excited and cute. I dig the signature "do". It's just umm....awesome! Have a happy school year Taylors!
I wish you dang kids would stop growing up so fast! At least Jake didn't do his mohawk look! You are all so good-looking! And smart! I know you'll do well this school year!
You guys are so much fun!! Your kids are going to grow up with THE BEST memories!
Post a Comment