Where our story began~

Where  our story began~
I want my children to know that the temple is my favorite place to be. It is there that I am closest to my father in Heaven. I have a great love for the work that goes on in the temple. I know that we have a great work to do while we are here on earth and I am priveledged to be a part of that work. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ as my savior and redeemer. He has never let me down, not once.....I'm so blessed to have children that know at a young age who they are and what they stand for. I'm greatful for the Christlike examples in our lives. We are surrounded by people we love and that love us, what a blessing. The temple is where our story, The Taylor Story began....I pray that it is only the begining of a legacy of faith, service, love, obedience and happiness. Much Love~ Mom

3/23/2010

Cabin tid bits and Miracle's~

We got to the cabin at one in the morning to find about four feet of snow covering our drive way! After the shock wore off, we sledded the kids, ice chests and bags in, created a PEE BUCKET due to the lack of ability to turn on the water because it was frozen shut....The phrase "don't eat yellow snow held its own!
For the next two days we had a blast shoveling the snow off the roof, that is very satisfying if you have not done it!  The ice and snow hit the ground with a huge thud and crashes into a billion litte puffs of white!  If we  were lucky we could land a shovel full on one of the kids heads which was even more gratifying!  Eighty homes in Munds Park  lost their roofs because of the heavy and large amounts of snow.
Break time!
The kids had fun jumping from the roof into the snow piles that they turned into a slide.
Our snow model~
Maddy worked right along side of us, that girl constantly amazes me!  At times she was still going while we took a break~
We made a cut out to get the trailer off the street, not nearly as fun as shoveling the roof.

Brenna held her own shoveling snow!

Man who is that "Special"  Person, we must have picked her up hitch hicking or something!

This small hook could caused Brenna alot of anguish!
This was taken several days after Brenna's Hanging!
Brenna came into the cabin with a dark red noose mark around her neck with a bewildered look on her face. 
"AHH"
"Brenna what happened!"
Tears came and then a story none of us will soon forget, thank heavens it was not Brenna turn to go "home!"
"Mom I was jumping off the snow bank onto the porch and my Hoodie hooked onto the bird feeder hook and I was hanging there.  Caden (age eight)  came running across the snow yelling at me to unzipp my  jacket!  My arms were stuck to and then I wiggled out."
What are the odds of that....
We are blessed!

Brenna's hero!!  He later aske if he would recieve a life saving merit badge for this one....

"Caden my dear I think that would be just fine." 
Thank you just isn't enough.
We later had a lesson on obedience and what enormous blessings come with that one simple principle.

Sledding
Sledding
and
more Sledding!


Sarah LOVES  sledding! Caden the pro would stay out till he was frozen solid!
Gage sports the radiant purple coat while Cole shows off his red white and blue motiff!
Mr. Brock Mikos
Attack!!
Cole and Caden bombard mike with snow balls!

Jake wants to try out for extreme sports, he almost mastered going off the jump and landing on his feet!  His eyes as big as quarters!
Audrey afraid of heights most of her little life conquered her fears, we had a hard time convincing her it was time to come in.
The boys stayed up late into the night putting princess puzzles together, this is serious business...notice  the weapon in the middle of the table, real tough guy huh!
 
Gwen became Mike's little buddy!
We sledded for hours, till we were soaked and then some!
Mike and Andrew came down the hill together, oh what a sight!!
The new olympic sled team...or not.
The kids jumped the ramp over Andrew and Mike and cleared them, at times we attracted onlookers probably thinking we were a litttle on the
crazy side~
We had two sleds and lots of kids so most of the sled runs were doubled up!  It made for some sweet jumps!  Brenna and "Rellie" always caught the most air off the jump and usually ended up skidding all the way to the mud!

Maddy is Gwen's favorite toy!

Our dare devils!

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

That's a heck of a lot of snow. Lucky that they didn't lose the roof to the snow. It's a good thing Brenna is still around, she's too cute!! All your kids are getting too big!! I love the picture of you and Mike as your header, you 2 are a good looking couple. :-)