Where our story began~

Where  our story began~
I want my children to know that the temple is my favorite place to be. It is there that I am closest to my father in Heaven. I have a great love for the work that goes on in the temple. I know that we have a great work to do while we are here on earth and I am priveledged to be a part of that work. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ as my savior and redeemer. He has never let me down, not once.....I'm so blessed to have children that know at a young age who they are and what they stand for. I'm greatful for the Christlike examples in our lives. We are surrounded by people we love and that love us, what a blessing. The temple is where our story, The Taylor Story began....I pray that it is only the begining of a legacy of faith, service, love, obedience and happiness. Much Love~ Mom

7/15/2010

Why we love Taylor~

#1)  The evening sunset over the barn is a delight~
photo courtesy of Audrey~
#2)  Free baby sitting for three wonderful children for five days straight~
not including the six that already reside there~
Bravery~

#3)  The farm life....back to my roots
oh how I Love it~
#4)  The ability to play fish out of water with "live" fish~
#5)  The kids get five days away from these two nut jobs~

I have no idea where she got her behavior from~
#6)  Not to mention, we love these little guys!
#7)  Skipping rocks, swimming...
Maddy and Allyson~
Jake and Dad
Rande and Jake
Mary~
#8)  Huntin' Crawdads
#9)  rompin round in the ol green beauty...oh how we love Kath~
#10)  The Snowflake Temple~
Green~
Flowers Blooming~
The Fourth is the best~
Anvil blasting begins at 4:00 am with a full band in tow on a flatbed trailer holding a full band behind the Anvil blasters.  They drive all around town lighting the blast..when the big boom and anvil fall they go on to the next spot and do it again as the band is playing..this continues for a couple hours....When all is said and done everyone ends up at the ball field where the set off the anvil another ten times. Whoopin and cheerin followed up by a patriotic assembly at the stake Center...with the band, the mayor and lots of heart!!

The Town lies in a broad valley in east-central Arizona. The Mogollon Rim is to it's west and the White Mountains to the south. The Town's elevation is 5,640 feet. The mountains form an almost continuous barrier protecting Taylor from severe winters and creating a semi-arid
climate. Taylor was settled by James Pearce and named after John Taylor, 3rd President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The town was established in 1881 and incorporated in 1966.
Taylor Town Logos: Anvil and the Drum

The heavy duty anvil was used
by the Mormon Battalion 1847. Then it was brought to Taylor by Joseph S. Hancock in the late 1800's to be used in his blacksmith shop. Taylor's forefathers in the late 19th century came up with this substitution for the cannon & fireworks.

At 4:00 a.m. with a loud bang! Followed by a serenade of patriotic music from the Jennings Band. Awakening call goes on throughout the town. This unique tradition began with the Taylor Pioneers and was revived in 1953, and draws people home throughout the U.S.A.

The historical drum constructed by Major Edward Duzette was
Renz L. Jennings made of cowhide, birch & hickory. The Drum was used in the Nauvoo Legion Band in the 1830's. It was hauled across the plains on the back of Brigham Young's carriage with the first company of Mormon Pioneers in 1847. It was later given to Cyrus Jennings, hence it is known as the Jennings drum.
Jennings Drum

No comments: